World Refugee Day 2004 National Activity Plan: Guatemala
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2004
Guatemala will organise a refugee meeting to welcome refugees who have concluded their local integration in Guatemala. Those who haven't will be urged to participate in the regularisation process for their legal status in the country, as part of efforts to find a durable solution for them. This meeting will also encourage refugees to share their experiences with each other.
- UNHCR calls for urgent action as Central America asylum claims soar
- As gang violence worsens, more Salvadorans flee
- UNHCR warns of "looming refugee crisis" in the Americas
- Guatemalan refugees express love for their new land
- From refugee to citizen: a Guatemalan in Mexico