- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2005: Belarus
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2005
- 19 June: WRD press conference.
- 18-19 June: Weekend of refugee films.
- Drawing, poetry and story competitions for secondary school students across the country on the theme, "The land of Belarus. We have been comforted and warmed up by you". Exhibition of best works at the National Museum. Final gala event with awarding of winners and literary and concert performances.
- Quiz for secondary school children to be published in the newspapers Komsomolskaya pravda and Nastavnitskaya gazeta, titled "The sun shines for everybody, but brighter for a person who has a motherland".
- Nationwide poster competition titled "Refugees in Belarus". Open to members of the Belarusian Designers' Union and students of art schools. 25 -30 best works will be printed and presented at the annual exhibition, "Design-exchange 2005", and later placed on public transports and advertising stands around Minsk and other regions of Belarus.
- 20 June: Thematic concert and reception for government officials, donors, leading politicians, representatives of the media and academic world and refugee community leaders. At the Central Cultural Palace of the country. Prominent Belarusian singers will perform together with refugee artists.
- Nationwide competition among graduate and post-graduate students for the best academic work on refugee, statelessness and tolerance issues.
- Training for journalists covering refugee issues, and nationwide competition among them for the best publication on refugee issues.