- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2005: The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2005
- Roundtable discussions with leaders of the local community, local authorities and government.
- Lectures on refugee-related issues in local primary schools.
- Exhibition of refugee drawings and handicrafts.
- Sport and social activities involving locals, including the traditional football game between refugees and local population.
- Broadcast of a documentary and WRD TV spots.
- UNHCR assists refugees at Greece-FYR Macedonia border, where calm is returning
- UNHCR voices concern about developments at border of FYR Macedonia and Greece
- FYR Macedonian woman dubbed 'Refugees' Angel' by those on the 'Balkan route'
- One Macedonian town's waste is refugees' livelihood
- Roma refugees see music as their route to self-reliance