- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2005: New Zealand
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2005
- 20 June, Auckland: RMS Refugee Resettlement, Kings College, the Ministry of Education and the New Zealand Immigration Service are jointly hosting a celebration at Kings College, Otahuhu, to include refugee stories and cultural entertainment and a speech by the Director of the Office of Ethnic Affairs.
- 20 June, Wellington: Multicultural Services Centre, a partnership of agencies providing services for refugees and migrants, will hold an official opening including speeches by refugee and migrant representatives, the Minister of Immigration and the Mayor of Wellington. Also be music and cultural performances.
- High Commissioner praises refugee resettlement and integration in Australia and New Zealand
- Afghans optimistic about a bright new life in Land of the Long White Cloud
- For a refugee from Saddam's Iraq, a new home requires a global odyssey
- Tampa Boys rescued by Norwegian freighter become New Zealand citizens