- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2005: Republic of Korea
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2005
- 19 June, from 11h00 onwards, Daehakro, Jongrogu, Seoul: WRD celebrations with photo exhibition, "The Tree of Wishes", a children's corner and cultural performances and exhibitions by refugees of different origins. Also, a world food festival, street performance, drawing competition for children, quiz on refugee issues, puppet show and a parade.
- June: Broadcast of WRD TV spot.
- 27 June, Gwanghwamun, Seoul: Screening of film, "In this World", at Cinecube cinema in the presence of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- 30 June, Korean National Human Rights Commission premises, Seoul: Expert panel discussion. Guests include representatives of the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Members of National Assembly, Law professors, a Korean former refugee, the Korean National Human Rights Commission (KNHRC) and UNHCR.
- Syrian car mechanic struggles to ply his trade in the safe haven of Seoul
- South Korean charity opens a new world to two refugee women
- Milestone in Asia as Ethiopian man is granted South Korean citizenship
- UNHCR protection chief applauds Japan and South Korea, asks them to be better Asian role models
- South Korean cartoon hero becomes UNHCR Goodwill Envoy