- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2006: Botswana
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2006
- Children will perform a role play in traditional dress and will do cultural dances in each region of Africa, on peace and violence-free society, in their home, community, country and region. This event will take place in Dukwi Camp, in collaboration with the Red Cross.
- Children from Dukwi primary school, Refugee Welfare Committee and community secondary schools, will exhibit their traditional food that is served at weddings, funerals and naming ceremonies.
- To show the positive cultural practices of both refugees and the host population, Dukwi local village authorities will organize traditional song and dancing competitions.
- UNHCR wraps up return programme for Angolan refugees in Botswana
- UNHCR repatriates almost 14,000 Angolans; steps up pace of return ahead of deadline
- Namibian refugees, some in ambulances, repatriate from Botswana
- UNHCR's Angola repatriation operation draws to a close with last flight
- UNHCR starts new season of returns from Botswana to Angola