National Activity Plan 2006: Costa Rica
- Seeking to generate acceptance and support for the refugees' plight, a "Hope Concert" at the Costa Rican National Theatre with the Costa Rican Philharmonic Orchestra will take place.
- The World Refugee Day logo will be printed on national lottery tickets on those issued on 16 June. Also, the Costa Rican Electricity and Telecommunications Institute (ICE) will issue one million telephone cards with the 2006 World Refugee Day "Hope" designs.
- A Catholic mass will take place on Sunday 18 June, dedicated to the refugee community. The mass will be held in San José's Metropolitan Cathedral.
- Several activities such as an essay contest on refugees as well as information sessions and round tables have been organized with high school students of the Costa Rican province of Heredia.
- A photo exhibition on "Hope" will take place during two weeks in June at the Cultural House of the Costa Rican province of Heredia.
Related news and stories
Registration drive brings indigenous families out of the shadows
Refugee bakery a sweet success in Costa Rica
Costa Rica gives refugees opportunities to succeed
Urgent help needed for Central American children on the run
Statelessness: UNHCR helps indigenous people without frontiers in Central America