- Text size | | |
National Activity Plan 2006: Czech Republic
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2006
- Information campaign promoting World Refugee Day and refugee issues in Prague public transport. Promotional spots will be produced and shown in Czech on video screens of major metro stops in Prague. The National Theatre will also promote World Refugee Day.
- Special World Refugee Day cards ("Most people travel for fun. Refugees travel from fear") will be inserted by GTS, (a major youth travel company), into every air-plane ticket package through the week preceding the World Refugee Day World music concert (piggy-backing).
- A cultural evening where refugees will present the literature and music of their countries and Refugee Association will introduce its activities (Prague, 12th June).
- An expert seminar on voluntary work as a natural way of integration of foreigners will be held in Pilsen, 15th June. The main goal of the seminar is to share good practices among NGOs involved in integration programmes and to introduce their projects and plans to both, central and local government authorities responsible for integration of foreigners.
- A world-music concert will be organized on 16th June in Roxy club in Prague by Organization for Aid to Refugees, one of the traditional NGO IPs of the Office. A photo exhibition and samples of refugee's cuisine will be available. Information on World Refugee Day, UNHCR and NGO partners will also be available.
- Traditionally, every year at the occasion of the World Refugee Day, UNHCR Prague invites some 15 refugee students designated by schools and NGO partners to award them for excellent achievements at school. This year, the celebration will take place under the auspices of the Minister for Education on June 16th.
- The Refugees' Association will organize a discussion meeting on the situation of refugees in the Czech Republic. The event will take place at the premises of the University of Pilsen and will be opened to students, NGOs as well as public on 20th June.
- World Refugee Day at Gymnasium Kutna Hora on June 20th: The whole school day will be devoted to refugees and the World Refugee Day. Students will be invited to join various activities related to refugees, such as showing of UNHCR films, a workshop on the World Refugee Day theme – Hope, discussions with refugees and asylum seekers, presentation of NGOs' work with refugees etc.
- Asylum seekers from nearby refugee facilities will be invited to present their cuisine and music and to meet with the citizens of Mlada Boleslav during an informal garden party, on 30th June.
- Welcome to Prague: first Myanmar refugees resettle in Czech Republic
- Czech mission to Malaysia paving way for landmark resettlement programme
- Czech mission funds mobile health care project for refugees in Malaysia
- UNHCR presents first award at Czech Press Photo contest
- Portrait of a refugee unveiled in Prague