World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Botswana
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
Government officials and diplomats were among the guests at a ceremony held in the Dukwi camp and focusing on the theme of "Perseverance."
Refugee youth discussed their lives in a programme aired by Botswana Television. Government officials and UNHCR staff discussed refugee issues during a radio show. Refugee-themed poster campaigns were conducted in Gabarone and the second largest city, Francistown.
- UNHCR repatriates almost 14,000 Angolans; steps up pace of return ahead of deadline
- Namibian refugees, some in ambulances, repatriate from Botswana
- UNHCR's Angola repatriation operation draws to a close with last flight
- UNHCR starts new season of returns from Botswana to Angola
- Weaving a refugee legacy into Botswana's baskets