World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Ireland
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
Leaflets were created to challenge myths and misinformation about asylum seekers and refugees in conjunction with the National Consultative Committee on Racism and Interculturalism (NCCRI).
UNHCR supported the World Refugee Day Awards with Africa Centre, Dublin City Council, Reception and Integration Agency, NCCRI, Integration Ireland and others in promoting integration through awards. The WRD Awards were attended by 300-400 people. The event was important as a forum to recognize people who are engaged in integration work.
- UNHCR chief Guterres signs funding agreement with Ireland
- UNHCR backs new Irish campaign against people smuggling
- Irish-based web links hands and hearts
- UNHCR welcomes draft Irish asylum law
- It's a long way from Myanmar for Karen refugees