World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Namibia
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
Identity cards for refugees were officially launched by a senior government official on 20 June at Osire Refugee Camp. To mark the occasion, 14 refugees received new identity cards.
- UNHCR repatriates almost 14,000 Angolans; steps up pace of return ahead of deadline
- US journalism students create website to record visits to refugee camps
- Refugee professionals serving the community in Namibia
- Executives visit UNHCR projects in Africa and pledge more help
- Refugee registration in Namibia advances the search for solutions