World Refugee Day 2007 National Activities: Poland
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2007
On 16 June, a special train service was laid on to take some 400 refugees and locals to a World Refugee Day celebration near Warsaw. The train was decorated with an exhibition of Chechen culture and music was played by an African refugee.
- Fleeing to a new land, but finding no home
- A third of refugees in Poland may be homeless
- Central, Eastern Europe aim to improve refugee status decisions
- Chechen arrivals in Poland back to normal after surge
- Young asylum seekers and their teachers face a test in some European nations