Fleeing Horn of Africa, new arrivals find more peril in Yemen
On arrival in war-torn country, refugees and migrants are routinely subjected to detention and abuse as UNHCR calls for unhindered access to detainees.
Refugee designers weave fabric magic on Chicago catwalk
The #WithRefugees World Tour moves into the world of high fashion when artisan-designed fabrics go on show at an event in the windy city.
UNHCR chief calls for increased support for Congolese refugees
In a week-long trip to Africa's Great Lakes region, Filippo Grandi calls for renewed efforts to find solutions for refugees.
German school helps women refugees hone tech skills
Rohingya widows worry about their families' futures
Burundian refugees in Congo forge a better future
Elderly Somali refugee hopes to end her days with family she once thought lost
Somali torture survivor reunited with her sons in Niger
UNHCR chief meets urban refugees on Congo visit
Press releases and news comments
- States, UN, partners in new joint push to help people displaced in their own countries 18 Apr 2018
- Bangladesh and UNHCR agree on voluntary returns framework for when refugees decide conditions are right 13 Apr 2018
- UNHCR Desperate Journeys report provides snapshot of changing refugee movements to Europe 11 Apr 2018
- First Darfur refugee returns from Chad 20 Apr 2018
- UNHCR convoy reaches displaced people in southern Libya 20 Apr 2018
- Mali violence drives thousands to Burkina Faso 17 Apr 2018