As Libya crisis deepens, UNHCR chief steps up assistance
During a visit to Tripoli, Filippo Grandi says agency needs to increase its presence in the North African country where 1.3 million people need urgent humanitarian aid.
As war grinds on in Yemen, Somali refugees eye return
Facing danger and growing hardship in Yemen, some 30,600 Somalis have reportedly returned home since war broke out in 2015.
Jordan's Azraq becomes world's first clean energy refugee camp
New solar plant is the first of its kind in a refugee setting, and will transform the lives of thousands of Syrians living in harsh desert environment.
Dreams of glory drive Eritrean refugee cycle team in Ethiopia
Congolese family puts tragedy behind them and heads for new life in France
Fresh hope in Germany for Syrian girl who fled home in a wheelchair
Refugees give German town's residents new life perspective
Family displaced three times plant new roots in Portugal
Syrian surfer finds refuge on Lebanon's waves
Press releases and news comments
- Searching for Syria? Google and UNHCR offer answers to five top questions 22 May 2017
- UN refugee chief Grandi in Libya: UNHCR ramping up its humanitarian response 21 May 2017
- Azraq, the world's first refugee camp powered by renewable energy 17 May 2017
- UNHCR renews warning over Burundi situation as funding dries to a trickle 23 May 2017
- As Yemen conditions deteriorate, Somali refugees look to return home 19 May 2017
- Twenty feared dead in latest Mediterranean tragedy 16 May 2017