Formal consultations on the global compact on refugees
The programme of action will draw upon good practices and lessons learned from the early application of the CRRF, as well as the outcomes of the five thematic discussions and the High Commissioner’s Dialogue on Protection Challenges held in Geneva in the second half of 2017.
The zero draft of the global compact on refugees was released on 31 January 2018.
In order to ensure that the global compact on refugees can be adopted by consensus, a series of formal consultations on the draft text will take place in the Palais des Nations in Geneva in the first half of 2018 as follows:
- First formal consultation – 13 and 14 February 2018
- Second formal consultation – 20 and 21 March 2018
- Third formal consultation – 10 and 11 April 2018
- Fourth formal consultation – 8 and 9 May 2018
- Fifth formal consultation – 12 and 13 June 2018
- Sixth formal consultation – 3 and 4 July 2018
In addition to interventions at the formal consultations, United Nations Member States and other stakeholders are invited to submit written contributions relating to the process of formal consultations that can be posted on UNHCR’s dedicated webpage, where guidelines for submitting contributions are also available.
- Official version - Zero draft of the global compact on refugees (31 January 2018)
- Traducción no oficial - Borrador cero del Pacto Mundial sobre Refugiados
- Agenda for first formal consultation
- Roadmap on the formal consultations process
- Organizational note
- Key dates and locations
- Background information on the global compact on refugees
- Thematic discussions for the global compact on refugees
- Written contributions
- First formal consultation - Opening remarks by Volker Türk