VluchtelingenWerk educational packages
Dutch NGO VluchtelingenWerk has developed a comprehensive package of teaching materials on refugees, asylum and migration
The educational packages of VluchtelingenWerk Nederland are subdivided by age and level of primary and secondary education:
- The package for primary schools contains a number of easy-to-play games and exercises to explain the plight of refugees and asylum-seekers, as well as background reading for teachers and evaluation method sheets.
- The package for the lower grades of secondary education (ages 12 – 14) consists of two digital lesson packages (LINK TO which can be projected via a beamer or screen in a class.
- The package for the higher grades of secondary education (ages 15 – 18) also consists of a package of digital teaching materials
- In addition to the teaching materials, VluchtelingenWerk is offering face-to-face interactive sessions with some of their advocacy experts to secondary schools via the website Humanity House.
- The educational package of VluchtelingenWerk also contains a Facts & Figures section on the situation of refugees and migrants worldwide and the so-called “Refugee Atlas” containing facts and figures on refugees and asylum-seekers in the Netherlands.
Suitable for children aged 6 and older.
All of Vluchtelingenwerk’s educational materials are only available in Dutch.
How to order
The educational package for primary schools is available as a free download on VluchtelingenWerk’ website.
All information on VluchtelingenWerk’s educational materials can be found on this portal on their website.
Questions via e-mail can be addressed to email@example.com.