VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Programme Assistant (UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement – Level 4)
UNHCR Representation in Japan seeks a qualified professional for full-time Programme Assistant under a UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement, from 2 October to 31 December 2017.
The Terms of Reference (TOR), required skills and required application documents are as follows:
Required skills and knowledge:
Education & Work Experience
Completion of the Secondary Education with post-secondary certificate/training in Business Administration, Social Science, International Relations, Political Science or related field.
Minimum 2 years of previous relevant job experience.
Previous experience in UN/UNHCR and/or NGO is desirable.
Excellent proficiency in English and Japanese, both oral and written skills.
- Communication and computer skills (MS Words, Excel and PowerPoints)
- Translation skills essential
- Excellent drafting skills
- Good political awareness
- Familiarity with security risk management, safety and security policies and planning desirable
- Experience working in humanitarian operations is preferable
- Good knowledge of UNHCR operations desirable.
Required application documents:
Applicants should submit the following documents in electronic format at the following email address: email@example.com by the deadline, 23:59 Japan time, Monday 18 September 2017.
- A completed United Nations Personal History form (P-11), preferably in PDF
(the P-11 form can be downloaded at http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc)
- A Japanese CV, in any format
- Cover letter
Please note that applications will not be acknowledged. UNHCR will be conducting an interview and/or test at the UNHCR office in Tokyo; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and informed of the procedure.