【VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT】Public Information Associate (Donor Relations), G6
Public Information Associate (Donor Relations), G6
Position No. 10019104
UNHCR Representation in Japan seeks a qualified professional for full-time position of Public Information Associate (Donor Relations) (G6), under a Fixed Term Appointment (one year with possible renewal), starting as soon as possible.
Refer to the full Vacancy Announcement from here.
Refer to the Job Description for the post from here.
In addition to the Job Description, the following tasks are anticipated in the context of the office in Japan:
- Support the development and implementation of UNHCR communication strategy with a view to strengthening refugee protection in Japan and increasing Japan’s support to refugees worldwide as well as UNHCR’s visibility;
- Support UNHCR’s partnerships (Government, Private Sector, Civil Society, and the wider public) by developing communication materials;
- Prepare and draft refugee related stories for UNHCR’s Public Information materials, including the web, social media and printed materials;
- Keep track of evolving issues concerning displaced persons and refugees to be able to suggest stories and topics for the media to cover;
- Establish contacts with local organisations and media to promote general interest and understanding of refugee issues;
- Draft briefing notes, talking points, minutes and other papers for high level meetings and visits;
- Assist in planning and organizing advertisements, exhibitions, conferences, meetings, social events and other activities to promote a better understanding of UNHCR’s activities and accomplishments.
The candidate needs to be able to work independently and have very good political judgement and sensitivities. S/he needs to have excellent writing and oral skills in English and Japanese. The successful candidate will be someone with strong networking and communication skills. Experience in a similar communication position with a proven track record will be valuable. Knowledge of and/or working experience in humanitarian operations (preferably relating to refugees) in an international context are important assets.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit the following documents in electronic format at the following email address: email@example.com by 28 May 2018 (Monday) 23:59 Japan time.
- A completed UNHCR Personal History Form, in PDF (the form can be downloaded at http://www.unhcr.org/general-service-staff.html)
- A Japanese CV, in any format
- A Cover Letter / Letter of Application/Motivation
Note: Applications without a fully completed Personal History Form cannot be considered.
Applications received after the deadline or not compliant with the instructions will not be accepted.
Please note that applications will not be acknowledged. Only applicants possessing the required qualifications will be taken into consideration. Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited to a recruitment interview and/or test.