Afghans dream of stepping out of the shadows with Pakistan ID scheme
Programme aims to provide up to one million undocumented Afghans with identity cards legalizing their stay in Pakistan.
UNHCR helps displaced Iraqis acquire vital documentation
Mobile court issues key ID papers and certificates to displaced Mosul residents who need them to access essential services.
As refugee journeys get perilous, UNHCR seeks safer options
The UN Refugee Agency is appealing for US$421 million in funding to provide alternatives to a growing number of refugees making dangerous journeys to Europe.
Press releases and news comments
- UNHCR seeks additional support to respond to the Nigeria situation 26 Jul 2017
- UNHCR chief Filippo Grandi calls on Australia to end harmful practice of offshore processing 24 Jul 2017
- UNHCR shocked and saddened by civilian deaths in Taizz, Yemen 19 Jul 2017
- UNHCR welcomes registration of a million undocumented Afghans in Pakistan 21 Jul 2017
- CAR violence driving more refugees into northern DRC, local communities stretched to cope 18 Jul 2017
- As DR Congo's Kasaï displacement grows, no end in sight to civilian suffering 14 Jul 2017