Rohingya refugee volunteers trained to help others in distress
As monsoon season approaches, Rohingya volunteers are being trained by UNHCR to become first responders in an emergency.
A year after assault on Marawi City, residents still unable to return
Conflict drove 360,000 Filipinos from their homes last May. Months after the city was liberated, destruction and unexploded bombs prevent many from going home.
Honduran refugee risks all riding the 'beast' in Mexico
More refugees are fleeing violence in Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador - some like Armando, risk all riding a freight train in search of safety in Mexico.
Forced to flee her home, trans activist calls for tolerance
UNHCR chief calls for 'compassionate action' this Ramadan
Syrian singer finds his voice as a refugee in Egypt
Quadruplets a joyous handful for Syrian refugee mother
Project to recycle dinghies keeps refugees' hopes afloat in Germany
Refugee children find voice in Romania's inclusive choirs
Press releases and news comments
- UNHCR suspends resettlement programme from Sudan as fraud probe gathers steam 17 May 2018
- British Royals visit refugee accommodation project on Crete 11 May 2018
- UNHCR resumes life-saving refugee evacuations from Libya 10 May 2018
- UNHCR alarmed by sharp rise in forced displacement in North of Central America 22 May 2018
- Thousands flee Central African violence into remote region of northern DRC 18 May 2018
- Clashes in Rwanda camp lead to tragic refugee death 4 May 2018