As refugee crisis grows, Rohingya struggle in roadside settlements
As more flee Myanmar for Bangladesh, UN Refugee chief Grandi warns of humanitarian disaster.
Bangladesh elephant rampage highlights dangers for refugees
A refugee prays on a hill overlooking Kutupalong camp after another Rohingya burial.
UNHCR boosts delivery of vital aid to Rohingya in Bangladesh
A month after fleeing Myanmar, vast majority of refugees live in informal camps and spontaneous settlements.
Children of Luhansk start new school year hoping for peace
Greek islanders open their hearts and businesses to refugees
Nigerian girls from Nansen award winner's school dream again
Mentoring project inspires teachers at vast school in Kenya
Nansen winner gives new hope to girls orphaned by Boko Haram conflict
Afghan refugees help put Germany on the cricketing map
Press releases and news comments
- UNHCR chief calls for stepped-up support for Rohingya refugees, thanks Bangladesh for keeping borders open 25 Sep 2017
- UNHCR and League of Arab States sign agreement to address refugee challenges in the Arab region 22 Sep 2017
- Strong compacts for refugees and migrants more urgent than ever 20 Sep 2017
- UNHCR scales up delivery of aid to Rohingya refugees in Bangladesh 22 Sep 2017
- UNHCR: First group of Rohingya refugees moves to new emergency shelters 19 Sep 2017
- Yemen: assisted spontaneous returns for Somali refugees begins 19 Sep 2017