UNHCR brings relief to desperate Yemenis displaced by war
Vital aid deliveries reach thousands in embattled coastal district of Mokha, where many live out of doors without adequate water or sanitation.
Hungry and desperate, thousands of Somalis trek to Ethiopia
Menaced by Al Shabab militants and a worsening drought, thousands of Somalis are abandoning the land to seek refuge in neighbouring Ethiopia.
UNHCR warns Mosul situation deteriorating as fighting rages
Around 400,000 people thought to be trapped in the Old City lack food, clean water and fuel to keep themselves warm.
Geneva diners discover new flavours and cultures at pop-up restaurant
Syrian refugees face tough odds in quest for higher education
Former Syrian TV chef whets appetite of Paris fashion fans
In Iraqi camps, Syrians seek respite from hardship of exile
Innovation transforms education for refugee students in Africa
For struggling Syrians in Mauritania, Finland offers fresh hope
Press releases and news comments
- 'Breaking Point' imminent: Government of Uganda, UNHCR say help for South Sudan refugee inflow urgently needed 23 Mar 2017
- News Comment from Vincent Cochetel, Director of UNHCR's Europe bureau 23 Mar 2017
- UN Refugee Agency Applauds Haiti Vote on Statelessness 23 Mar 2017
- In Yemen, UNHCR reaches embattled Mokha with emergency aid 24 Mar 2017
- UNHCR concerned about return of Nigerian refugees from Cameroon 21 Mar 2017
- As Mosul displacement continues, UNHCR opens new camps, expands appeal 17 Mar 2017