Poorer countries host most of the forcibly displaced – report
According to a new UNHCR study, most of the 3.2 million who were driven from their homes in the first half of 2016 found shelter in low or middle income countries.
U.S. move offers bittersweet hope to struggling Syrian family
Father of three from Homs says resettlement from Jordan to U.S. will provide a future for his children, despite pain of leaving loved ones behind.
UNHCR outlines way forward on Nigeria displacement
At a conference in Oslo, the UN Refugee Agency presents steps to ensure protection, access and lasting solutions for displaced Nigerians returning home.
Family torn apart by war in Syria find sanctuary in Greece
Octogenarian couple struggle for survival on Ukraine's front line
Elderly bear brunt of hardship in frontline Ukraine village
Number of refugees fleeing South Sudan tops 1.5 million
Syrian refugees breathe new life into shrinking German village
Timisoara's multicultural party has a serious purpose
Press releases and news comments
- Refugees and migrants face heightened risks while trying to reach Europe – UNHCR report 27 Feb 2017
- Yemen's Brutal Conflict Pushing One Million Displaced to Return to Danger (Joint UNHCR-IOM Press Release) 21 Feb 2017
- Neil Gaiman appointed UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador 20 Feb 2017
- As new Mosul offensive unfolds, sheltering the displaced comes back into focus 21 Feb 2017
- Inside Somalia, drought displacement growing 21 Feb 2017
- UNHCR: Conditions deteriorating in Yemen, humanitarian catastrophe looms 10 Feb 2017