Additionally, we promote the provision of information and services that improve reproductive health, particularly for women and girls. Access to services such as emergency obstetric and neonatal care can drastically reduce the number of women who die during or after childbirth and ensure that mothers and their children enjoy a healthy life. Reproductive health education and services for young people is also important.
Tremendous progress has been made in recent years in the provision of reproductive health care and HIV services for refugees in camps, as well as urban areas. But we believe more needs to be done.
More information on HIV in humanitarian emergencies can be found at the Inter Agency Task team for HIV in Emergencies website.
HIV Strategies and Policies
- HIV in Humanitarian Emergencies 2015
- Updated Policy Statement on HIV Testing and Counselling for Refugees and other persons of concern to UNHCR 23 Jun 2014
- UNAIDS, UNHCR and WHO Policy Brief: HIV and Internally Displaced Persons 19 Nov 2010
- South Sudan - Conflict, displacement, famine and the HIV response. Time to act! Jan 2018
- Case Study: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo Full Report Annex English, December 2013 29 Apr 2014
- Case Study: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Programming in Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, December 2013 29 Apr 2014
Online version (English and French)
Information, education and communication materials on HIV/AIDS developed by UNHCR and its partners.
Codes of Conduct and Good Practices
- Renewing Our Voice: Code of Good Practice for NGOs Responding to HIV/AIDS 1 Dec 2004
- Secretary-General's Bulletin: Special measures for protection from sexual exploitation and sexual abuse 9 Oct 2003