Regional Contracts Committee
The Regional Committee on Contracts established at Regional Directorates or for Regional Co-ordinators with a Senior Supply Officer on staff shall, in respect of all contracts negotiated and/or proposed for award by UNHCR in relation to the purchase, rental or sale of goods and services, review and advise the Chairperson on:
- all contracts to be entered into with a single vendor that are equal to, or greater than, US$ 150,000 up to a maximum of US$ 500,000;
- a notification of all contracts entered into with one single vendor within the previous period of 12 months which, in total, amount between US$ 150,000 and US$ 500,000 excluding, however, contracts that have been the subject of the Committee's previous approval;
- all contracts or series of related contracts which involve income to UNHCR of US$ 150,000 up to a maximum of US$ 500,000 and any contracts relating to activities where the estimated income there from within any 12 month period, when aggregated with the estimated income from any other contract or contracts already made with the same party in the same 12 month period, amounts to US$ 150,000 up to a maximum of US$ 500,000;
- proposals for amendments of contracts, as specified under Amendments to Contracts;
- proposals for the delegation of procurement of US$ 100,000 or more to IPs where there is no competent Local Committee on Contracts that can deal with the matter;
- proposals for the authorization of a waiver of competitive bidding for contracts value at US$ 50,000 and up to US$ 149,999;
- Such other matters as may be referred to, and accepted by, the Committee not explicitly reserved for the Headquarters Committee on Contracts.
Contractual issues exceeding the limit of US$ 500,000 shall be referred to the Committee on Contracts at Headquarters. Committees on Contracts established at Regional Directorates or for Regional Co-ordinators that do not have a Senior Supply Officer will have the same authority as a Local Committee on Contracts.