UNHCR and Human Trafficking
Selected reading on trafficking in persons:
- Human Trafficking and Refugee Protection: UNHCR's Perspective (October 2009)
- Considerations on the Issue of Human Trafficking from the Perspective of International Refugee Law and UNHCR's Mandate (March 2009)
- Guidelines on International Protection: The application of Article 1A(2) of the 1951 Convention and/or 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees to victims of trafficking and persons at risk of being trafficked (April 2006)
- Refugee Protection and Human Trafficking: Selected Legal Reference Materials, First Edition (December 2008)
- Combatting Human Trafficking: Overview of UNHCR Anti-Trafficking Activities in Europe (December 2005)
- Observations by the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees on the Proposal for an EU Council Framework Decision on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (June 2001)
- New Issues in Refugee Research Series: International protection for trafficked persons and those who fear being trafficked (December 2007)
- New Issues in Refugee Research Series: The trafficking and smuggling of refugees: the end game in European asylum policy? (April 2001)
- New Issues in Refugee Research Series: The trafficking of women for sexual exploitation: a gender-based and well-founded fear of persecution? (March 2003)
Gender-Related Persecution within the context of Article 1A(2) of the 1951 Convention and/or its 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees
This Handbook describes some of the protection challenges faced by women and girls of concern to UNHCR and outlines various strategies to be adopted with partners to tackle these challenges.
First edition, published January 2008
Membership of a particular social group within the context of Article 1A(2) of the 1951 Convention and/or its 1967 Protocol
This handbook aims to provide legal and operational guidance to human rights, humanitarian and development actors involved in protection efforts on behalf of internally displaced people and other affected populations in complex emergencies.