Protection Training Materials
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 13 - Schengen Borders Code 2011
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 16 - Council Directive on the Residence Permit Issued to Third-Country Nationals Who Are Victims of Trafficking in Human Beings or who Have Been the Subject of an Action to Facilitate Illegal Immigration, who Cooperate with the Competent Authorities 2011
- 1. Europe: A Region of Migration and Protection. Annex 21 - Council Directive Defining the Facilitation of Unauthorised Entry, Transit and Residence 2011
Statements by the Assistant High Commissioner for Protection and Director of the Division of International Protection
- Security and international refugee protection – UNHCR's perspective Volker Türk, Assistant High Commissioner for Protection. 44th INTERPOL European Regional Conference, Prague, Czech Republic, 18 – 20 May 201620 May 2016
- Ministerial Meeting of the Bali Process, Bali, Indonesia, 23 March 2016. Statement by Volker Türk, Assistant High Commissioner for Protection23 Mar 2016
- The 2nd Special Meeting on Irregular Migration in the Indian Ocean, Bangkok, Thailand 3-4 December 2015. Statement by Volker Türk Assistant High Commissioner for Protection3 Dec 2015
Selected Refugee Policy Documents
- Guidelines on Policies and Procedures in Dealing with Unaccompanied Children Seeking Asylum1 Feb 1997
- Sexual Violence Against Refugees: Guidelines on Prevention and Response (UNHCR)1 Mar 1995
- UNHCR's Operational Experience With Internally Displaced Persons1 Sep 1994
UNHCR Handbooks and Guides
- Guidelines on International Protection No. 11: Prima Facie Recognition of Refugee Status, 5 June 201524 Jun 2015
- Guidelines on International Protection No. 10: Claims to Refugee Status related to Military Service within the context of Article 1A (2) of the 1951 Convention and/or the 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees, 3 December 20134 Sep 2014
- Guidelines on International Protection No. 9: Claims to Refugee Status based on Sexual Orientation and/or Gender Identity within the context of Article 1A(2) of the 1951 Convention and/or its 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees, 23 October 201223 Oct 2012
Compilations and Commentaries
- A Thematic Compilation of Executive Committee Conclusions (7th edition) Jun 2014
- Refugee Protection and Human Trafficking: Selected Legal Reference Materials, First Edition1 Dec 2008
- Collection of International Instruments and Legal Texts Concerning Refugees and Others of Concern to UNHCR<br><em>(June 2007)</em>1 Jun 2007
- Integration Rights and Practices with Regard to Recognised Refugees in the Central European Countries: Part I, European Series, Vol.5, No.11 Jul 2000
- Integration Rights and Practices with Regard to Recognised Refugees in the Central European Countries: Part II, European Series, Vol.5, No.11 Jul 2000
- NGO Manual on Integration and Regional Instruments concerning Refugees and Human Rights, European Series, Vol.4, No.21 Jul 1998
UNHCR Reporting on Protection
- UNHCR Global Report 2014 - Ensuring protection for people of concern1 Jun 2015
- UNHCR Global Report 2013 - Ensuring protection for people of concern1 Jun 2014
- UNHCR Global Report 2012 - Ensuring protection for people of concern1 Jun 2013
UNHCR Planning on Protection
- UNHCR Global Appeal 2016-2017 - Ensuring protection1 Dec 2015
- UNHCR Global Appeal 2015 Update - Ensuring protection for people of concern1 Dec 2014
- UNHCR Global Appeal 2014-2015 - Ensuring protection for people of concern1 Dec 2013
Notes on International Protection
- Note on international protection, Executive Committee, 64th session3 Jul 2013
- Note on international protection, Executive Committee, 63rd session 4 Jul 2012
- Note on international protection, Executive Committee, 62nd session28 Jun 2011
Outcome of the June 2004 regional parliamentary conference held in Cotonou, Benin, and coorganized by the African Parliamentary Union and UNHCR, in association with the Inter-Parliamentary Union and ICRC.
UNHCR's key reference tool on global resettlement policy and practice.
A series of legal research and protection policy papers issued by the UNHCR Division of International Protection.
This Handbook describes some of the protection challenges faced by women and girls of concern to UNHCR and outlines various strategies to be adopted with partners to tackle these challenges.
First edition, published January 2008
Sexual and Gender-based Violence against Refugees, Returnees and Internally Displaced Persons - Guidelines for Prevention and Response
Guidelines offering practical advice on how to design strategies.
Procedures for registration, population date management and documentation.
Edited by Erika Feller, Volker Türk and Frances Nicholson, published 2003 by Cambridge University Press
This handbook aims to provide legal and operational guidance to human rights, humanitarian and development actors involved in protection efforts on behalf of internally displaced people and other affected populations in complex emergencies.