Making a Complaint
Contacting the IGO
All UNHCR staff members have a duty to report instances of misconduct and are required to cooperate unreservedly with the Inspector General's Office. For other complainants, the allegation could be anonymous, however the IGO encourages anyone making an allegation to provide as much information and evidence as possible, and where to find evidence. The IGO specifically asks that you provide the following important information:
- What alleged wrongdoing are you reporting?
- Describe in detail what happened.
- Who committed the alleged wrongdoing? Was anyone else involved? Provide full names and titles if possible.
- When and where did it happen? Indicate dates and times, if available.
- How did the individual commit the alleged wrongdoing?
- Why do you believe the activity was improper?
Strict confidentiality standards as well as other standards and procedural safeguards apply to investigations conducted by the Inspector General’s Office. IGO safeguards the confidentiality of the identity of the person from whom or the entity from which it receives a report of possible misconduct.
Ways to Contact the IGO
By Hotline: +41 22 739 88 44
By confidential fax: +41 22 739 73 80
By confidential email: Email IGO
In person or by post:
94 rue de Montbrillant, CP 2500, 1211 Geneva
By using the Online Complaint Form
Mark all mail: CONFIDENTIAL
Telephone and fax numbes are not toll-free; local or long distance telephone charges apply.