How to enter the talent pools
There are two ways to enter a talent pool:
- Applying for a specific talent pool recruitment;
- Applying for a regular vacancy (please refer to further information under the heading ‘international professional’). If not selected for the regular vacancy following a recruitment process, you may still be recommended for inclusion in a corresponding talent pool.
Successful applicants remain in the talent pool for 12 months, and can be considered for short- or long-term international professional employment opportunities. These opportunities could be at entry- and mid-management levels (P2, P3 and P4), in key functional areas at country and regional offices, as well as headquarters. Once endorsed in the talent pools, candidates will be regularly contacted to assess their availability and ongoing interest for fixed term or temporary appointment.
Areas of expertise
Job requirements differ among grades and functions. Please click on the below job descriptions to learn more about the roles and opportunities:
- Administrative/Finance officer
- Camp coordination and camp management (CCCM) officer
- Field safety advisor
- Human Resources Officer
- Physical site planner
- Programme officer
- Project control officer
- Protection officer
- Registration officer
- Shelter officer
- Supply officer
As positions may be at different grade levels, the eligibility requirements vary and are explained in detail above. However, the essential minimum requirements for applicants to the talent pools are as follows:
- University degree, at least a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Relevant working experience in the respective area of expertise;
- Excellent knowledge of English at C1 Level (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages);
- Depending on the talent pool, a second UN language with proficiency at B2 level or above under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is either desirable or required. For more information, see ‘language requirements’.
The majority of positions filled through the talent pools are expected to be in non-family and/ or hardship locations. The location of duty will be determined by UNHCR.
Interested in joining us?
Whether you are an experienced professional or a recent graduate, UNHCR provides opportunities to take your career to the next level while building a better future for refugees.
Interested in joining us, but not sure where to start? Please see our current career opportunities.