Consultants may be:
- An international consultant: Hired from outside the location where they have to perform the services (place of work).
- A locally hired international consultant: If they are not a national of the country in which they are to serve and have been hired at the place of work.
- A national consultant: If they are a national of the country and have been hired at the place of work.
Furthermore, as a consultant:
- The work will be temporary.
- They will not perform the regular day-to-day functions of staff.
Duration of contract
Consultant contracts will not exceed 11 consecutive months and so include a mandatory break-in-service of one full month. Consultants can only be engaged for a period up to a maximum of 24 months of full time work in a 36-month period. After this, a minimum six-month break in service is required.
You can apply to consultancy vacancies by clicking on the below list of currently open consultancy positions.
- LG Campaign Coordinator, Copenhagen, Denmark - Closing date 29 May 2016
- PSFR Screening Officer, Copenhagen, Denmark - Closing date 29 May 2016
- Gender Equality Researcher, Home based, with preference given to qualified individuals already based in Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey, or Iraq - Closing date 26 May 2016
- GWA Team Videographer Consultant, multiple duty stations - Closing date 26 May 2016