National Activity Plan 2006: Belarus
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2006
- To decrease xenophobic attitudes, a weekend of refugee movies will be organized in one of the capital's central movie houses on the eve of World Refugee Day, in collaboration with the Ministry of Culture and ROK Kiev. The event will be surrounded by a comprehensive awareness campaign.
- To generate positive attitudes, an awareness building event for children and school teachers will be held by the Ministry of Education. It will include a competition of drawings, poems and stories entitled "The land of Belarus".
- Participation in the 6th Republican Festival of National Cultures (2-3 June 2006) with the Centre of National Minorities. Refugee artists will perform during a gala event, which will be broadcast by all national channels (LAD, ONT and BT).
- Country-wide competition for the best poster "Refugees in Belarus" to be held among current members of the Belarusian Designers' Union and students of arts' schools in the Republic of Belarus.
- A Documentary called "The fate of the man" about a family of Armenian refugees from Azerbaijan residing in Belarus will be developed and broadcast on 3 national channels.
- A thematic concert followed by a reception will be held in the presence of government officials, donors, leading politicians, representatives of the media, academic society and refugee community leaders on 20 June 2006 in the central cultural palace of the country.