National Activity Plan 2006: Benin, Burkina Faso, Niger and Togo
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2006
- To sensitize the population about refugee problems, UNHCR, in association with CARITAS and Amnesty International, will organize cultural and sport activities, a movie projection, a photo exhibition and handicraft sales by refugees. (Benin).
- To inform the host population, UNHCR, also in association with CARITAS and Amnesty International, will publish a book, made by refugees; religious leaders will hold a service and will talk about refugees, students from Benin will meet refugee students to exchange their experiences. (Benin).
- To lead to a more comprehensive view of refugees, a "street-interview" and a special show on "Canal ONU" will be broadcast, in collaboration with TNB (Télévision Nationale du Burkina Faso) and CINU (Centre d'information des Nations Unies). Also, a conference will be organized on 19 June. (Burkina Faso).
- An official ceremony, in collaboration with TNB, will take place in the Foreign Ministry, 20 June. (Burkina Faso).
- To inform the host, a film, followed by a debate, will be played in association with the Red Cross. A refugee guide will also be distributed population. (Niger).
- A running competition will be organized between refugees and employees from CNE-CADEV and the Red Cross. (Niger).
- To make people more aware about refugees, TV and radio shows will be broadcast about refugee activities and UNHCR missions. (Togo).
- With the "Comité National Olympique Togolais", cultural and sports activities will be organized to make host communities and refugees meet and get to know each other. (Togo).
- Among the Muslim and Christian communities, prayers will also be organized by priests, pastors and imams. (Togo).