National Activity Plan 2006: Bulgaria
World Refugee Day, 20 June 2006
- "Refugees for Clean Sofia": A community initiative by refugees and refugee-assisting organisations will clean the streets in the area of the government Agency for Refugees (18 June).
- Themed radio and TV spots will be broadcast.
- A drawing competition "Give HOPE to refugees in Bulgaria" will be held in collaboration with SAR, UNA and UNDP. Exhibit the drawings at charity sales in two private galleries.
- Six thousand free cards using the World Refugee Day 2006 poster text and the awarded drawing will be distributed.
- As a wrap-up of the results of a survey project on media attitudes on refugee issues, implemented with the Centre for Independent Journalism, a press briefing will be held on 19 June to announce and discuss the results of the survey, and on World Refugee Day.