National Activity Plan 2006: Bulgaria
- "Refugees for Clean Sofia": A community initiative by refugees and refugee-assisting organisations will clean the streets in the area of the government Agency for Refugees (18 June).
- Themed radio and TV spots will be broadcast.
- A drawing competition "Give HOPE to refugees in Bulgaria" will be held in collaboration with SAR, UNA and UNDP. Exhibit the drawings at charity sales in two private galleries.
- Six thousand free cards using the World Refugee Day 2006 poster text and the awarded drawing will be distributed.
- As a wrap-up of the results of a survey project on media attitudes on refugee issues, implemented with the Centre for Independent Journalism, a press briefing will be held on 19 June to announce and discuss the results of the survey, and on World Refugee Day.
Related news and stories
Fearing rough seas, refugees chance Bulgaria land route
UNHCR concerned by border practices after deaths of two Iraqis at the Bulgaria-Turkey border
Bureaucracy threatens the dream of enterprising refugees in Bulgaria
Bulgarians urged to "see refugees through new eyes" in media campaign
UNHCR chief urges Europe to help Bulgaria cope with Syrian refugee influx