Internship opportunity in the Protection Unit – Bucharest, Romania
The internship will last for three months with the possibility of an extension up to a maximum of six months. The internship programme is on a full-time basis.
Objectives of the Internship:
The internship programme provides an opportunity for the intern to gain practical
work experience in the field of international protection. Secondly, it provides
UNHCR with the assistance of qualified interns specialized in various professional
fields. The role of the intern is to support the Protection Unit in its daily activities.
Under the supervision of the Protection Officer and/or the Senior Protection
Associate, the intern will:
- Research, draft and review protection related reports,
- Provide administrative and logistical support in organizing and preparing for events and seminars,
- Draft concept papers, analytical reports, and minutes,
- Assist in conducting research on European Union and national legislation and jurisprudence on asylum and human rights related matters,
- Performing general tasks and follow-up on protection related matters.