Access to Justice by Refugees – Legal Assistance and Legal Aid
The “Project on Enhancement of Access to Justice by Refugees, Asylum-Seekers and Temporary Protection Beneficiaries in Turkey”, which is jointly implemented by the Union of Turkish Bar Associations and the United Nations of High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), was launched on 8 February 2018.
Within the scope of the Project, an international conference titled “Access to Justice by Refugees – Legal Assistance and Legal Aid” will be organized on 12-13 November 2018 in Antalya with a view to benefit from different perspectives and experiences gained in the refugee situations through sharing of examples of good practices on the ground and exchanging views on the legal content of the subject.
Broadly, the panels of the conference will seek to address the following issues:
- Access to Justice and Legal Aid by Refugees and Asylum-Seekers: Best Practices
- Access to Justice and Legal Aid by Refugees and Asylum-Seekers: What Can We Do to Improve?
- Due Process Guarantees and Safeguards in Asylum Procedures
- Due Process Guarantees and Safeguards in Legal Remedies
- Role of Lawyers in Access to Justice by Refugees and Asylum-Seekers
- Judicial Review: Emerging Trends & Themes in Asylum Jurisprudence
- Protection for Refugee Women and Children: Civil and Criminal Matters
Papers and comparative perspectives on related topics from other countries are encouraged.
In this regard, candidate panelists, who would like to present papers on the above-mentioned subjects, shall submit an abstract of no more than 500 words by 5 November 2018 via e-mail with “International Conference” in the subject line to: [email protected].