Angelina Jolie visits West Mosul, where Iraqi families are returning home to ruins
The UNHCR Special Envoy met with families who survived years of terror and displacement. Although the world seems to have forgotten them, they are determined to rebuild.
Guatemala's Volcan de Fuego drives thousands from their homes
UNHCR is assessing the needs of nearly 13,000 people evacuated after the deadly eruptions that killed at least 110 people.
Fewer refugees arriving in Greece's Evros region, but problems remain
UNHCR urges efforts to ensure access to asylum and timely registration in Greece's north-eastern Evros region.
In Jordan, sweet Ramadan treats unite refugees and locals
Exiled as a child, Sahrawi grandmother still longs for home
Monsoon rains batter Bangladesh Rohingya refugee settlements
French couple welcome LGBT activist from Mali
Afghan couple are like second parents to French hosts' toddler
Christian couple provide haven of calm for young Muslim
Press releases and news comments
- Statement by UNHCR Special Envoy Angelina Jolie at Domiz refugee camp in Iraq 17 Jun 2018
- UNHCR warns against repeat of Aquarius disembarkation standoff as boat arrives in Spain 17 Jun 2018
- Angelina Jolie visits Mosul, urges world not to forget the people of the city and warns of the danger of delay in reconstruction and recovery 16 Jun 2018
- First monsoons sweep Bangladesh refugee settlements amid ongoing emergency response 12 Jun 2018
- UNHCR assessing urgent humanitarian needs of Guatemalans affected by volcano 12 Jun 2018
- UNHCR registering needs of population affected by volcano eruption in Guatemala 8 Jun 2018