2021 Regional NGO Consultations (EHAGL)
Objectives and outcomes
These first Regional Consultations will pursue the following objectives:
- Analyze collective responses to the challenges and opportunities of engaging with refugee communities (innovative approaches, new synergies, ways of working more efficiently) in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, identify critical gaps and define key steps for the way forward.
- Discuss the progress NGOs made in advancing the implementation of relevant GRF pledges, in particular those related to promoting resilience and inclusion of refugees and localization where relevant - and discuss contributions of NGOs as part of a multi-stakeholder/ whole of society process.
- Share UNHCR’s framework for climate action and learn about NGO initiatives to address climate-related changes in the context of forced displacement.
- Develop recommendations to inform future collaboration between UNHCR and NGOs and feed in to UNHCR’s 2021 Executive Committee Session, the 2021 GRF High-Level Officials Meeting, the 2022 Global NGO Consultations and the High Commissioner’s Dialogue on Protection in 2022.
Monday, 28 June 2021
09:00-09:30 Opening remarks by the Director of the Regional Bureau and ICVA
09:30-12:30 Localization of humanitarian action and engagement with communities in the COVID-19 context
Tuesday, 29 June 2021
09:30-12:30 Operationalization of the Global Compact on Refugees and the role of NGOs in advancing the implementation of the GRF pledges – Stocktaking and Contributions to the High-Level Officials Meeting in December 2021
14:30 – 16:30 Side Event co-organized with the Poverty Alleviation Coalition on the Socio-Economic Inclusion of Refugees
Wednesday, 30 June 2021
14:00 – 17:00 UNHCR’s Climate Action Framework and NGO initiatives to address climate-related changes in the context of forced displacement
Thursday, 1 July 2021
09:30 – 11:00 Conclusions of the NGO Consultations and Closure
The deadline for registration is 24 June 2021. Please click here to register.
If you have problems accessing the registration form, please contact [email protected]
- NGO Consultations Agenda
- Background notes - Localization
- Background note - Climate Action
- Background note - Poverty Alleviation Coalition (PAC)
- Background note - Global Compact on Refugees (GCR)