Child and Youth Protection
UNHCR is committed to ensuring that children, adolescents and youth are protected from harm and that their rights are upheld through the provision of psychosocial support and targeted programmes to meet their specific protection and developmental needs. We work with families, communities, national authorities, other international and local organisations, and with children, adolescents and youth themselves.
With your help, we strive to ensure that:
- All girls and boys are safe where they live, learn and play
- Those who are unaccompanied or separated are cared for and have access to family tracing and reunification services
- Newborns are registered at birth and children with disabilities are supported
- Children associated with armed groups and armed forces receive the necessary support to be reintegrated into their communities
- Children, adolescents and youth can rebuild their lives through psychosocial support and recreational activities and education