Notice for Refugees
Application for DAFI scholarship
UNHCR in India calls for application for the DAFI Scholarship programme for 2022.
You are invited to apply for the DAFI scholarship programme funded by the German Government and administered by UNHCR with the goal of helping refugee students to access higher education.
Deadline for applications: 5th September 2022
The scholarship covers all tuition fees as well as living costs and educational materials during full-time studies up to a Bachelor degree/TVET certification, no longer than 4 years of studies.
All the candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Refugee status
- Age of 28 or younger at the start of your studies. (Exceptions may apply if bachelor studies was started in the home Country but studies were interrupted due to flight, or challenges due to a specific factor such as parenting/child care resposibilities, disability, etc.)
- Completion of high school and availability of original documents for verification (provide reasons in case original documents are not available).
- Applicant should have the receipt of the College/TVET admission
- Above average results in high/secondary school
- Good knowlege of the language of instruction in the College/TVET
- Not currently receiving a sholarship from another source.
- Strong motivation to contribute to the community through leadership, volunteering, community Service, mentoring and community development.
- Admission for a first college degree at a govt./recognised University /College/polytechnic or TVET (eg B.Com , B.Sc . or higher diploma).
- One scholarship per Family (generally excludes sibling of current/former scholars).
- Applicants with advanced resettlement or complementray Pathways/ sponsorship cases (departure expected within one year) are not recommended for DAFI. Those expecting to naturalise/repatriate/leave the country soon , are requested not to apply, so that the limited slots can benefit those who do not have this option.
- Only those committed to completing courses need apply- dropping out of courses wastes resources, and risks reduced funding in future.
DAFI scholarship may be renewed each year based on regular class attendance, successful completion of each semester and academic year, and participation in DAFI programme activities such as DAFI Club and community Engagement.
- We encourage qualified women and refugees with special needs to apply.
- Date of receipt of applications will be acknowledged in writing.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews
- Interviews may be conducted virtually if required/requested, especially for those outside Delhi.
- Interviews will be conducted in English and original certificates verified
- Filling up the DAFI forms does not guratantee the DAFI scholarship
How to apply
- Forms can be downloaded here.
- Application forms are available with refugee support centres in different locations (refer to contacts per location for details).
- Application forms are available with all BOSCO centres in Delhi, DAJI in Jaipur, ActionAid in Aligarh, Mathura, Punjab and Mewat, GNMS Office (Pune) and Save the Children‘s Office, Jammu, Hyderabad and Bengaluru. The form can also be downloaded from UNHCR India’s website https://www.unhcr.org/en-in/
- Completed application forms from all locations with letter of motivation and relevant scanned documents can be sent to BOSCO by email to Ms. Anisha Thomas at [email protected] latest by 4 pm, 5th September 2022.
Students who wish to submit forms ( hard copy) along with relevant documents can submit at UNHCR‘s NGO partner offices in their respective locations as mentioned below
I. BOSCO, New Delhi
- Malviya Nagar Training Centre:147 A Khirki Village.Opp. Select City Mall
- Bhogal Training Center: 1-1/6A Temple Road, Jangpura , Bhogal.
- Vikaspuri Training Centre: WZ- 83 Budella, Vikaspuri,Near DG-2 Flats.
2. Save The Children
- Hyderabad- House No-9-532/1, Plot No- 3, Sri Gayathri Nagar, Jilleguda, Karmanghat, Hyderabad, 500097 ( Land Mark : Next to SBI Bank).
- Jammu- Lane no. 3, Peer colony, Narwalbala, Kiryani Talab, Bhatindi, Jammu 180001, Near Akthar Super Market
- Bengaluru- 5th Floor, Labelle Suites, 3rd Main, HBR Layout, 4th Block, Bangalore – 560043.
- Mewat-Ward No. 2, Housing Board Colony, Nangli Road, Nuh, Mewat-122107 (Haryana)
- Mathura Vigyan Foundation education centre, Village-Allahapur, Near Bansi nursery, Paras madi hospital, Agra-delhi bypass, Near Chattikara chauraha, Mathura, Pincode-281001
- Aligarh-Vigyan Foundation centre, Makhdum Nagar, Peepal wali gali, Aligarh, Pincode – 202001
- Punjab-_#62, (Near Apollo Diagnostic), Teku Colony, Shakti Nagar, Dera Bassi , Distt. SAS Nagar (Mohali) Punjab, Pincode- 140507.
- Jaipur-59, Mehnat Nagar 60 Ft Road, Hatwara, Khatipura Road, Jaipur - 302006, Rajasthan
5. Gandhi National Memorial Society (GNMS)
- Pune - Agakhan Palace, Nagar Road , Pune - 411006
Please also visit https://help.unhcr.org/india/