2021 UNHCR Regional Consultations with NGOs
Starting in 2020, the Global Consultations with NGOs take place every two years, alternating with Regional Consultations in the seven regions.
In 2021, the main theme for the Regional Consultations is the Localization of humanitarian action and engagement with communities in the COVID-19 context. Given the current emergency and already very concrete impacts, the topic of Climate Action will also be discussed.
The outcomes and recommendations of the Regional consultations will be presented at the seventy-second session of the Executive Committee of the High Commissioner’s Programme (ExCom), taking place from 4 to 8 October 2022. They will also feed into the 2022 Global Consultations, which will focus on the same theme.
For further information about the Consultations in each region, please visit their respective websites, which will be regularly updated. The full list can be found below:
- Europe - 21-23 September 2021
- Americas (English | Spanish) – 8-10 September 2021
- Southern Africa – 1-3 September 2021
- East, Horn of Africa and Great Lakes – 28 June-1 July 2021
- West and Central Africa – 30 June-28 September 2021
- Asia-Pacific – 21-30 June 2021
- 20-21 April: MENA GRF Stock-taking and NGO / Civil Society Consultations
- 2-3 June 2021: Third Academic Roundtable on “Climate Change and Displacement for the Middle East and North Africa Region”
UNHCR also organizes online Monthly Consultations with NGOs, on a wide variety of topics.