About the partnership
Location: Rwanda, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Spain, Uganda.
At the start of 2020, INDITEX, one of the world’s largest fashion retailers and owner of brands such as Zara and Massimo Dutti, partnered with UNHCR to provide clothing to people who have been forced to flee their homes.
Through this partnership, thousands of women, men and children will receive clothing to bring comfort and warmth but which will also allow money previously set aside for clothing to be used for other necessities such as food or education.
Impact at a glance
- In 2020, 750,000 pieces of clothing were distributed among 150,000 refugees in Rwanda. This donation was valued in more than 8 million dollars.
- So far in 2021, the company has donated the following pieces of new clothing: 174,000 to Ethiopia; 20,000 to Canary Islands, Spain; 345,000 to Burkina Faso
- Furthermore, by 2021, the partnership continues to grow and INDITEX has set a goal of 2 million pieces of new clothing to Uganda.
Sustainable Development Goals in focus
- SDG1 No Poverty
- SDG10 Reduced Inequalities
- SDG17 Partnerships for the Goals