Refugee Housing Unit
A safe and durable housing solution for people forced to flee
These features may sound simple but for people like Zara, who fled her village in Nigeria, they represent a huge leap in privacy, comfort and security.
- A steel metal frame covered with opaque plastic and semi-hard roof and walls provides refugees with a higher level of dignity and privacy
- A lockable door from the inside and the outside, lets refugees –women and children especially – feel safer.
- 17.5 m2 floor space and high ceiling create a spacious interior that allows users to stand upright, and provides enough space for equipment and personal belongings.
- An interior dividing wall creates two rooms, helping to separate living and sleeping quarters.
- Durable: units can host up to 5 people and have a 3-year lifespan.
- Flat packed design optimized for low cost logistics and storage.
- Easy to Assemble: Assembly requires 4 people and takes 4 hours. All tools are included.
- Flexible: Units can be built together to create larger structures, and used for receptions, clinics, class rooms. It can also be dismantled, moved, reassembled and adapted to different needs and purposes, facilitating reuse.
- A solar powered LED lamp provides more than 6 hours of light and features plugs for charging of electronic
- Units may be transformed into a durable shelter with the use of local materials.
- Mosquito nets covering all openings as well as windows and air vents, help improve airflow and manage extreme temperatures.
How you can help
The best way you can help is to make a donation. Your financial contribution can provide dignified housing to families who have left everything behind.