UNHCR’s workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. We seek to sustain and strengthen this diversity and to ensure equal opportunities, as well as an inclusive working environment, for our entire workforce.
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. We work with skilled professionals who are committed to put people first, make a real difference in people’s lives and are willing to go anywhere we are needed to get the job done.
We need committed and passionate people who strongly believe in what they do and whose work ethic and motivation inspire others. We seek new talent and skills to respond to the needs of people forced to flee across the globe. Thus, we are looking for candidates who thrive in a diverse and multi-cultural work environment and are keen to bring new innovative ideas, skills and solutions to help build a better future for people forced to flee.
Important notice regarding our Careers page and applying for positions with UNHCR:
On 1 October 2022 UNHCR will introduce a new and improved online recruitment platform.
However, due to this transition candidates cannot currently apply for Talent Pools (often called profile positions) or update existing Talent Pool profiles. This change took effect on 31 July 2022. You will be able to apply for Talent Pools again from 1 October 2022.
Candidates who have already been successfully accepted to a Talent Pool will receive additional instructions about their existing profile closer to the launch date of the new system (1 October 2022). Please keep an eye on your email inbox.
Individuals who have previously applied for a role with UNHCR should note that past applications will not be migrated to the new recruitment platform. To make applying for future roles easier, you may wish to download your past information and save it at an alternative location. You will be able to do so up until 30 September 2022. Candidates will be prompted to re-enter their information (education, experience, skills, etc.) when applying for future vacancies on the new system after 1 October 2022.
To download a Talent Pool/job application, candidates should sign in to their account via the public careers site, go to My Activities page, click on the job title of their application and then click Print Application.
Use the navigation below to find opportunities within a desired category:
- International Professional Staff (Fixed-term Job Openings)
- Talent Pools
- Temporary appointments
- Junior Professional Officer
- United Nations Volunteers
- Other Opportunities (General Service, National Staff, Field Service)
What we are looking for:
We operate in challenging, volatile and even dangerous contexts, assisting and protecting people making extraordinary efforts to survive. As a front-line organization at the ready in emergencies, we need colleagues who:
- Are passionate about our mission and inspire others with their dedication and work ethic
- Are willing to serve in hardship locations and emergency operations
- Are professionals with high integrity who can respond to the needs of people forced to flee across the globe in a responsible and reliable manner
- Thrive in a diverse and multicultural work environment
- Bring innovative ideas, skills and solutions to help save lives and build a better future for people forced to flee
- Are results-oriented, flexible and determined to make a difference
- Have at least an undergraduate degree from a UNESCO accredited institution (international staff)
- Have successfully completed their secondary education (general/field service)
- Bring relevant work experience and skills
- Are proficient in English (working knowledge of another UN language may be required)