Escalating violence uproots farmers and herders in Niger
Forced to abandon their homes, farms and livestock, over 50,000 people have been displaced by insecurity in the border regions of west Niger.
Media Fact Sheet: Global compact on refugees
Syrian refugee aid plan launched as births in exile hit 1 million
UN agencies and NGOs publish US$5.5 bln plan to help refugees and host countries in 2019-2020, as number of Syrian children born as refugees reaches one million.
Vienna learns the benefit of giving warm welcome to refugees
Refugee talents on show in Kenya contest
As medical costs rise, Syrian refugees put health at risk
'Gender-based violence never got enough attention'
Congolese tailor with disability stitches new life in Kenya
With resolve and a cell phone, blind refugee resumes school
Press releases and news comments
- Violence displaces more than 50,000 in western Niger this year 13 Dec 2018
- UNHCR donors commit a record US$926 million in initial pledges for refugees, internally displaced and stateless people in 2019 12 Dec 2018
- UN and partners launch plan to support Syrian refugees and countries hosting them as number of Syrian refugee new-borns reaches one million mark 11 Dec 2018
- UNHCR urges protection of Yemeni civilians 7 Dec 2018
- UNHCR launches massive airlift of tents for Afghanistan's drought-displaced 27 Nov 2018
- Rohingya refugee camps in Bangladesh switch to environmentally friendly LPG 23 Nov 2018