All the refugees holding Amayesh Card can approach one of the Pishkhan centres to enroll in UPHI and receive their booklets. Salamat booklets cover out-patient care (e.g. doctor’s fees, medicine, lab tests, and radiology) and hospitalization services in all Ministry of Health affiliated hospitals or hospitals under a contract with Salamat Insurance.
- Vulnerable refugees and those who received a free-of-charge booklet during the 4th cycle of UPHI should refer to their local Pishkhan* centre and receive a booklet.
- The booklets are valid up to 24 February 2019.
- Vulnerability status information is available at Pishkhan Centre. In case of any ambiguity, please follow up with provincial BAFIA offices.
- Other refugees can also approach Pishkhan* centers contracted with IHIO countrywide to enroll and receive a booklet.
- Those premium payers who have not yet received the booklets can refer to Pishkhan Centres during the following dates. The duration of enrolment in each window is only 10 days.
– Window #3: 23 September 2019 to 02 October 2019
– Window #4: 22 December 2019 to 31 December 2019
- UPHI Booklets will be valid for one year from the date of enrolment and receiving the booklet.
Required documents (for each person):
- Valid Amayesh card, Identity card or Laissez-Passer
- 1 photo (size: 3cm x 4cm)
- For Special Disease cases, a certificate from a Salamat-recognized physician is required
Note: Special Disease cases are those refugees with hemophilia, thalassemia, renal failure, kidney transplant or multiple sclerosis. UPHI booklet for these refugees is different and contains 36 pages.
- At the time of enrolment, preferably the head of the household otherwise one of the members should be present for registration with all of the required documents of all the members.
- Enrolment takes place for all the members of the household.
- Vulnerable refugees should only pay the printing and administration costs and are exempt from paying the premium fee.
- Premium payers besides the printing and administration costs should pay for the premium fees of all the household members.
- All the actions related to the enrolment and obtaining the booklets should only take place at Pishkhan Centres.
- In case you have not enrolled in the UPHI 4th cycle, you need to proceed with pre-registration. Therefore, it is necessary to inform Pishkhan centres’ staff of the matter.
- In case of failure in authentication for yourself or family members due to movements between cities or any changes in the family composition i.e. new-borns, please follow up with provincial BAFIA offices.
For further information, please contact: