【VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT】Social Media Officer (P3) Temporary Appointment
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is seeking a Social Media Officer (P3) Temporary Appointment based in Tokyo, Japan.
Title: Social Media Officer
Duty Station: Tokyo, Japan
Duration: January 2020 to end September 2020
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment (P3)
Start date: ASAP
The Terms of Reference (TOR), required skills and required application documents are as follows:
UNHCR’s global social media team – a remote team spread across three different time zones – requires extra experienced capacity, to develop new partnerships, strategize and deliver social media content, in support of the refugee participation at the Olympic and Paralympic Games in Tokyo, summer 2020.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in communication roles, managing corporate social media accounts with a graduate degree (equivalent of a Master’s) or 6 years with undergraduate degree (equivalent of BA/BS) in Social Media, Digital Journalism, Communications, Digital Marketing or related field
- Fluency in Japanese – written and oral with excellent copy-writing skills for social media.
- Fluency in English – written and oral with excellent copy-writing skills for social media.
- Proven effective and creative social media content production skills.
- Digital content production skills: expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro and other relevant Creative Cloud tools desirable.
- Digital IT skills: collaborative tools such as Slack, Trello, Google Drive and Teams, using content-sharing platforms, confident using Google Analytics and social media monitoring and publishing software such as CrowdTangle, Brandwatch, Social Flow, Falcon, LexisNexis etc.
- Proven/demonstrated ability to work to deadlines.
- Proven editorial judgement, especially in sensitive and fast-moving political and news environments.
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills required.
Deadline for applications: 22 January 2020 (midnight Geneva time).