(UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement – Level 4)
UNHCR Representation in Japan seeks a qualified professional for full-time Administrative Assistant under a UNOPS Local Individual Contractor Agreement, from 1 February to 31 December 2021, with possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
The Administrative Assistant will be part of the Administration Unit of UNHCR Representation in Japan and will support a wide range of finance, administration, ICT and personnel functions. The position will require basic knowledge and understanding of administrative and financial rules and ability to implement them in accordance with internal standard operation procedures. The nature of certain functions require discretion and confidentiality. Assigned tasks shall include purchases, vendor communication and document preparation, payment processes, travel arrangements, management of office equipment/asset/supplies, ICT support, and support to interns. The incumbent will also be expected to support the Sr. Admin Associate and Sr. Admin Assistant in carrying out procurement, finance, personnel and security preparedness related tasks such as document preparation and updates. Ability to multitask, learn quickly, demonstrate flexibility and ensure delivery of results is important, along with high proficiency in both English and Japanese.
The Terms of Reference (TOR), required qualifications and competencies, and required application documents are as follows:
Required skills and competencies:
Education & Work Experience
Completion of secondary education, Bachelor’s degree or higher. Training in any of the following is an asset: Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related fields.
Minimum 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher. Additional experience working in an international organization, with experience in administrative/finance/human resource support duties is preferable.
Excellent proficiency in English and Japanese, both oral and written skills.
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Planning and Organizing
– Basic IT literacy including Microsoft Office and Adobe suites
– Excellent proficiency in English and Japanese, both oral and written, using appropriate language in the particular setting and with particular audience
– Strong organizational and time management skills
– Basic conceptual understanding of accountability, responsibility and authorities in finance and administrative procedures and demonstrated experience in employing them
– Proven capacity to plan, execute and follow through with multiple parties in accordance with rules and regulations and by the deadline, while meeting client and operational needs
– Ability to work as a team
– Willingness to learn and grow
– Proven capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously under high pressure circumstances
– Ability to read, understand and apply rules and regulations
– Basic understanding of ICT system and networks
– Attention to detail
Required application documents:
Applicants should submit the following documents in PDF electronic format at the following email address: [email protected] by the deadline, 23:59 Japan time, Sunday 17 January 2021.
Please be sure to indicate the following in the subject line:
Application – ADMIN – UNOPS – Admin Assistant – [your last name]
Please note that applications will not be acknowledged. UNHCR will be conducting a a test and interview; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and informed of the procedure.