Information for Refugees and Asylum-Seekers regarding Coronavirus
The Government of Kenya has announced various measures to prevent the further spread of Coronavirus. UNHCR has therefore implemented precautionary measures to prevent any further spread of the virus and in order to protect refugees, asylum-seekers and other persons of concern from becoming infected with the virus. These are in line with the directives of the Government of Kenya and include:
- Services at UNHCR: No reception, interviews or counselling will take place at UNHCR offices.
- Voluntary repatriation: All movements of persons of concern wishing to return to their countries have been suspended.
- Resettlement: All movements of refugees departing to resettlement countries have been suspended.
- Movements between Kakuma, Dadaab and Nairobi: Refugee Affairs Secretariat has suspended the issuance of movement passes. Hence, no movements take place between Kakuma, Dadaab and Nairobi until further notice.
You will be informed once services will be resumed.
Notice to all refugees and asylum-seekers living in Urban area in light of coronavirus (Covid-19)
10 July 2020
9 June 2020
19 May 2020
27 April 2020
22 April 2020
07 April 2020
26 March 2020
25 March 2020
Stateless persons in-light of Corona virus (COVID-19)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION IN KENYA (CORONAVIRUS – COVID-19)
- AMHARIC – ስለ ኮሮናቫይረስ በኬኒያ ወቅታዊ ሁኔታ ማወቅ ያለብዎ ነገር
- ENGLISH – CORONAVIRUS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION IN KENYA
- FRENCH – CE QUE VOUS DEVEZ SAVOIR SUR LA SITUATION
- KIRUNDI – ICO UTEGEREZWA KUMENYA KU VYEREKERANYE N’
- KINYARWANDAV – IBYO UKENEYE KUMENYA BYEREKERANYE N’UKO IBINTU BYIFASHE UBU MURI KENYA
- LINGALA – ELOKO ESENGI YO OYEBA PO NA MAKAMBO YA VIRISI YA KORONA NA KENYA SIKOYO
- LUGANDA – BIKI BYEWETAAGA OKUMANYA KU MBEERA ERIWO MU KENYA
- OROMO – HAALA KORONAVAYRASI YEROO AMMA KENYA
- SOMALI – MAXAAD U BAAHANTAHAY INAAD OGAATO XAALADDA CORONAVIRUS EE KENYA DHEXDEEDA
- SWAHILI – UNACHOHITAJI KUJUA JUU YA HALI KWA SASA NCHINI KENYA
- TIGRINYA – ብዛዕባ ናይ ሕጂ ኩነት ምንቅስቓስ ኣብ ኬንያ ክትፈልጥዎ ዘለኩም
If you feel unwell, have a cold or a cough or fever, please call 719 or text *719# which is a toll-free number provided by the Government of Kenya. You can also call the following County Hotline numbers:
- Nairobi 0800721316 (tollfree) / 0732353535
- Garissa 0111207207 / 0110040836 / 011040708
- Turkana 0758722023
If you need to contact UNHCR, please call the Helpline by phone: 0800 720063 (tollfree) or email: [email protected] We would also like to remind you of alternative hotlines available in specific situations:
- National GBV (Gender-Based Violence) hotline: 1195
- Kenya police emergency hotline: 999/112
- MSF sexual violence hotline (Doctors without borders): 0711400506
- LVCT Health (Liverpool voluntary counselling and treatment for HiV): 0800720121