Local Contracts Committee
The Local Committee on Contracts shall, in respect of all contracts negotiated and/or awarded by UNHCR in relation to the purchase, rental or sale of goods and services, review and advise the Chairperson on:
- all contracts entered into with a single vendor that are equal to or greater than US$ 20,000 up to US$ 150,000;
- a notification of all contracts entered into with one single vendor within the previous period of 12 months which, in total, amount to US$ 20,000 up to US$ 150,000 excluding, however, contracts that have been the subject of the Committee's previous approval;
- all contracts or series of related contracts which involve income to UNHCR of US$ 20,000 up to US$ 150,000 and any contracts relating to activities where the estimated income there from within any 12 month period, when aggregated with the estimated income from any other contract or contracts already made with the same party in the same 12 month period, amounts to US$ 20,000 up to US$ 150,000;
- proposals for amendments of contracts as specified under Amendments to Contracts;
- proposals for the procurement of US$ 100,000 and above per Sub-Project to IPs;
- proposals for authorization of a waiver of competitive bidding for contracts valued at US$ 20,000 up to a maximum of US$ 50,000;
- Such other matters as may be referred to, and accepted by, the Committee not explicitly reserved for the Regional Committee on Contracts.
Contractual issues exceeding the limit of US$ 150,000 shall be referred to the Regional Committee on Contracts (if relevant); all other contractual issues shall be referred to the Committee on Contracts at Headquarters.
In offices where there is no Supply Officer available, a Representative may exceptionally decide, at his/her discretion, to set a lower limit than US$ 20,000, as he/she deems appropriate, so as to extend the authority of the Local Committee on Contracts to review and advise on, purchases below US$ 20,000.