Executive Support Associate, UNHCR Stockholm, G6 level
External and Internal Vacancy Announcement
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of women, children and men are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. UNHCR teams are present in 128 countries, working hard to help the displaced, specializing in a wide range of disciplines, including provision of legal protection, humanitarian assistance, as well as in education and health programmes.
The UNHCR Regional Office for Northern Europe based in Stockholm, Sweden is looking for a dynamic, flexible and proactive colleague with good communication and organizational skills and with a developed sense of service. The Executive Support Associate should be able to quickly adapt to new working environment and be a good team-player. The position is in the Local Staff category.
The role of this position is to provide administrative and secretarial support services to the Regional Representative and the Deputy as well as providing overall administrative support to ensure the smooth running of the Office. The work involves communication and direct contact with UNHCR staff and partners, including Government counterparts in the 8 countries covered by the Regional Office. The incumbent is expected to organise and prioritize the work independently and carry out all duties with discretion based on direction from the Head of Office and the Head of Administration.
UNHCR offers work in an interesting international office environment with a wide variety of tasks conducted both independently and together with other members of the Office team.
Description of main tasks:
- Arrange appointments, screen visitors and telephone calls and maintain calendar of meetings and appointments,
- Support all practical arrangements for meetings organized with UNHCR partners and Government counterparts,
- Manage the flow of information received by the Regional Office, log and route correspondence; identify priority matters for immediate action and maintain follow-up system.
- Organize all travel arrangements for the management team and prepare mission folder with all relevant information,
- Prepare informal translations if required.
- Draft routine correspondence and ensure follow-up.
- Maintain a file management system according to UNHCR policies, including general and confidential files.
- Maintain updated contact lists of UNHCR partners including Government counterparts.
- Ensure administrative procedures for the management (travel, hospitality expenses, etc.) will be timely concluded.
- Perform other administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Professional experience:
- 6 years relevant experience with High school diploma (Secondary Education)
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration;
- Human Resources;
- Office Management or a related field;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Swedish is essential.
- Excellent Drafting Skills
- Swedish work permit is required
Closing date: 25 November 2019
Submit your application in English, consisting of
1) Personal application letter,
3) Copies of certificates
Send your application to: UNHCR, Sveavägen 166, 113 46 Stockholm, Sweden.
Mark your application “EXECUTIVE SUPPORT”.
Please note that applications by e-mail are not accepted
For more information: Please contact [email protected]
Issued on 05 November 2019