UNHCR Northern Europe offers internships regularly throughout the year. These internships are based in Stockholm, Sweden and Vilnius, Lithuania. Internships with us give you insight into how UNHCR operates and provides you with the opportunity to gain practical experience in an international organisation.
- Internships with the Protection Unit and Communication and Public Information Unit last for four to six months.
- Internships with the External Relations unit last for six months.
- A food and transportation allowance of 1,000 USD per month is available for un-sponsored interns.
- Internships are open for applications throughout the whole year
- UNHCR cannot assist with the search for funding or accommodation
- Applicants who can stay for longer periods are prioritised
- Good knowledge of the Northern Europe region (covering Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Working proficiency in one or more of the languages in our region (i.e.: Danish, Estonian, Finnish, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian and Swedish)
- Specific requirements detailed by the working unit (Protection, Communication & Public Information or External Relations)