Join global challenge to match refugees' billion-mile journey
UNHCR's 1 Billion Miles to safety campaign calls on runners, walkers and cyclists to dedicate their miles in solidarity with families uprooted by war and persecution.
Storm flooding brings misery to Syrian refugees in Lebanon
One dead and more than 11,000 affected by days of heavy rain and high winds from Storm Norma, with hundreds of refugees forced to abandon their homes.
Fighting water scarcity in Cox's Bazar refugee camps
Minhaj Uddin Ahmed explains how UNHCR has stepped up efforts in Bangladesh to address the massive water and sanitation needs of Rohingya refugees and their hosts.
Central American women find safety and strength in mural painting
Refugees get a chance to start over in style in Jakarta
Yazidi doctor brings former ISIS captives' souls back to life
Syrian refugee makes an impression at Croatian printer
Kigali sees economic sense in helping refugee entrepreneurs
Joy to behold: Deaf children's choir warms hearts at Christmas
Press releases and news comments
- UNHCR deplores forced refugee returns from Cameroon 18 Jan 2019
- UNHCR welcomes Ethiopia law granting more rights to refugees 18 Jan 2019
- UNHCR shocked and saddened at death of Gdansk Mayor Pawel Adamowicz 14 Jan 2019
- UNHCR and partners seek US$296 million for Burundi refugee crisis 15 Jan 2019
- Thousands fleeing fighting in northeast Syria – UNHCR 11 Jan 2019
- DRC inter-communal clashes drive 16,000 refugees into Congo-Brazzaville 4 Jan 2019