UNHCR in Ukraine is announcing the start of self-reliance grants for 2019 year
Self-reliance grant is a one-time assistance that can be provided to recognized refugees, persons granted complementary protection in Ukraine and asylum seekers in Ukraine.
ATTENTION – Application deadline has been extended until August 30!
Self-reliance grant is a one-time assistance that can be provided to recognized refugees, persons granted complementary protection in Ukraine and asylum seekers in Ukraine who meet the below criteria and have strong wish to become self-reliant through starting a small or medium scale business activity, develop agricultural activities in rural areas or undergo vocational training.
Who is eligible for UNHCR 2019 self-reliance grants
- recognized refugees and persons granted with a complementary protection status by the Ukrainian government;
- mandate refugees i.e. persons who are recognized as refugees by UNHCR under its Statute and regardless of whether or not they have been recognized by the Ukrainian government;
- asylum-seekers who have been found eligible for assistance by UNHCR partners, who are at any stage of the national asylum-procedure (including appealing process) and hold a valid asylum certificate issued by the State Migration Service;
What can be self-reliance grant used for
- to start small or medium scale business activity
- to start agricultural activities in the rural areas
- to undergo vocational training with the purpose of further sustainable employment
How to apply for a business grant:
- Send filled in electronic version, scanned copy or photos of Initial Application for Business Grant to [email protected] by August 30th. You can download the forms here and complete them in English, Russian, Ukrainian, Farsi, Arabic, French or Somali languages. Indicate Application for grant in the subject line.
- Applicants whose applications are not approved will be notified within 2 month after the deadline for application submission by September 25.
- Applicants whose applications are selected for further development will be scheduled an interview within 2 months after the application deadline by September 25. They will be interviewed and advised on improving the grant application by UNHCR Livelihoods Grants Counsellor.
- Improved applications from short-listed candidates should be finalized by October 15, but not more than 1 month after the interview;
- UNHCR committee will review the self-reliance grant applications and make the final decision;
- Applicants will be notified on final decision by October 30th. Successful applicants will be provided with further consultations on implementing a business plan;
For any detailed information on submission of Application for Business Grant, applicants can contact UNHCR:
Phone: +38 (044) 288-97-10 (ext. 114), +38(095) 282-96-36.
Monday 10:00 – 17:00
Wednesday 10:00 – 17:00
Email: [email protected]
! Indicate “Self-reliance Grant” in email subject.
Planned Project Timeline
|Task / Event||Month|
|Application for Business Grants|
|1||Initial application submission deadline||X|
|3||Results of initial application screening are communicated to ALL the applicants||X|
|4||Interviews and counseling||X|
|5||Self-reliance Grants Selection Committee||X|
|6||Results are communicated to shortlisted candidates||x||X|
|4||Installments payments and Baseline data collection||X||x||X|