Call for Applications for 2019 DAFI Scholarship for refugees in Ukraine
UNHCR in Ukraine announces call for application for DAFI Scholarship programme for the 2019-2020 academic year
ATTENTION – Application deadline has been extended until September 1!
Would you like to get a University degree? 🙂
You are invited to apply for a new DAFI scholarship programme funded by the German Government and administered by UNHCR with the goal of helping refugee students to access higher education.
The scholarship covers all tuition fees as well as living costs and educational materials during full-time studies up to Bachelor degree, no longer than 4 years of studies.
All the candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Be recognized as a refugee or a person in need of complementary protection in Ukraine;
- Age of 28 or younger;
- Be a 1st year student of one of the universities accredited by the government of Ukraine;
- Full secondary education;
- Excellent academic performance;
- Never receive an academic scholarship for university studies;
- Be in need of financial support to continue your education;
- Strong motivation to contribute to your community;
- Interest in professional development;
Those who meet the abovementioned criteria should submit the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form available in English and Ukrainian languages or at UNHCR partners below;
- Valid refugee certificate or certificate on complementary protection;
- Proof of enrolment into the colleges/universities (Admission Letter/ Contract / Bonafide Letter);
- Matriculation certificate and academic achievements record from the school;
- Motivation letter on how you intend to use the knowledge and skills obtained during the studies (free format).
Once collected, the whole package is to be submitted to UNHCR email [email protected] with the subject “2019 DAFI Application form_Your family name” by 1 September 2019.
You can contact UNHCR implementation partners for assistance with filling in the application forms and other related issues in the following regions:
Kyiv: Charitable foundation “Rokada”, 7, Vasylia Chumaka Str. 0445015696;
Odesa: NGO “10th April”, 15, Heroev Krut, str., 0487869666, 0936628525;
Zakarpattia: International Foundation of Health and Environment Protection “Region Karpat” (NEEKA), 3 Michurina Str., 0313132122;
Kharkiv: Charitable foundation “R2P”, 85, Chernyshevska, str., 0948111764;
If you reside in other regions or for more information on application process, please contact UNHCR directly via telephone number 0442889710, 0503101767 or visit our office at the address Kyiv, 16, Lavrska str. during the counseling day on Wednesday from 10:00 to 17:00.
Selected candidates will be notified on the results and invited for personal interview.