General information on UNHCR Ukraine’s activities:
- This one-pager provides a summary of UNHCR Ukraine latest information products and useful links to the key policy documents, thematic fact sheets and UNHCR-led Clusters reports.
- The UNHCR Country Fact Sheet is a two-page document that contains general information on UNHCR’s protection and humanitarian activities in Ukraine, including information on its partners, persons of concern, funding overview, among others.
- The UNHCR Operational Update is published on a monthly basis and reads like a “newsletter”. It informs the reader about the protection and humanitarian activities that UNHCR and its NGO partners have implemented during that respective month. If you are interested to see Operational Updates for the previous periods of 2019, please find them, by clicking the month: October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February, January.
- The UNHCR Ukraine 2019 Mid-Year Achievements is a two-page summary of our protection and humanitarian activities aimed at supporting refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless, internally displaced and conflict-affected persons in Ukraine and implemented jointly with UNHCR’s NGO partners between January and June 2019.
- Recommendations of the Cities of Solidarity Forum, which took place on 3 October 2019 in Kharkiv
- The UNHCR Ukraine Yearly Achievement is a two-page overview of all of our protection and humanitarian activities in favour of refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless, internally displaced and conflict-affected persons in Ukraine in 2018.
- Socio-economic analysis of the profiles of refugees and asylum-seekers of working age, registered with UNHCR as of June 2019.
- Through extensive consultations with partners in 2017, UNHCR developed a Multi-Year, Multi-Partner Protection and Solutions Strategy for Ukraine. The strategy sets out UNHCR’s plan for engagement in Ukraine for a period of five years (2018-2022).
- After the first year of the MYMP in Ukraine, this report presents the achievements of the first year of implementation of the strategy in Ukraine (2018) as well as presents the way forward for each of the MYMP’s Strategic Objective.
- This report is based on the Participatory Assessment conducted by UNHCR Ukraine with refugees, asylum seekers, persons with complementary protection, stateless persons, persons at risk of statelessness, internally displaced and conflict affected persons in Ukraine between February and March 2019.
- This thematic fact sheet explores UNHCR Ukraine’s protection activities in favour of refugees and asylum-seekers.
- This thematic fact sheet explores UNHCR Ukraine’s protection activities in favour of persons at risk of statelessness.
- This thematic fact sheet explores UNHCR Ukraine’s activities in favour of children and youth among its persons of concern.
In support of advocacy efforts:
- The UNHCR Ukraine Legislative Update is published on a monthly basis and contains UNHCR’s legal analysis of laws and governmental policies that affects refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless, internally displaced and conflict-affected persons in Ukraine. Please note that you can search for Legislative Updates of previous months on the UNHCR online database Refworld.
- The UNHCR Ukraine Briefing Note provides an overview of barriers in obtaining and renewing identification documents for IDPs and conflict-affected persons and contains recommendations on simpifing the procedure.
- The UNHCR Ukraine Key Messages contains a selection of our main advocacy messages for human rights duty bearers in Ukraine.
- The UNHCR Ukraine Advocacy Messages on Asylum contains our main messages for Ukrainian authorities to ensure rightful access to asylum.
- This is a joint United Nations briefing note to support advocacy in favour of access to pensions for IDPs and persons living in non-government controlled areas.
- This is a joint United Nations briefing note to support advocacy in favour of freedom of movement for civilians who cross the ‘contact line’ in eastern Ukraine.
- This is a joint United Nations briefing note to support advocacy in favour of facilitating birth registration of children
born in non-government controlled areas of eastern Ukraine.
- This is a joint United Nations briefing note to support advocacy in favour of finding long-term solutions for IDPs and esuring their inclusion in all areas of life.
- Prepared by the Protection Cluster, this document provides practical guidance on how peacebuilding and reconciliation can be operationalized in humanitarian response, including examples from other contexts, as well as key recommendations.
- Prepared by the Protection Cluster, this document provides guidance for humanitarian and development actors on how to address protection risks and socio-economic vulnerabilities in their work, and highlights aspects to consider in operations to ensure a protection focused response in Ukraine.
- Prepared by the Protection Cluster, this document supports advocacy efforts in favour of adopting mine action legislation in Ukraine that will facilitate the process of demining.
- Prepared by the Protection Cluster, this document supports advocacy efforts in favour of internally displaced persons’ access to their voting rights in Ukraine.
- Prepared by the Protection Cluster, this document provides guidance for humanitarian and development actors on how to address protection risks and socio-economic vulnerabilities in their work.
Thematic information on UNHCR Ukraine’s activities:
- UNHCR has been working in Ukraine since 1994 and has been supporting different Ukrainian government partners in improving the protection and humanitarian assistance to refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless, internally displaced and conflict affected persons in Ukraine. This document explores UNHCR’s partnerships with its main government partners.
- UNHCR supports the entry-exit checkpoints (EECPs) along the government-controlled side of the ‘contact line’ in order to ease the freedom of movement and improve the conditions for people who cross. This document explains the support that UNHCR has provided at the EECPs.
- As part of its wider protection response, UNHCR provides Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) to the most
vulnerable among the displaced and other conflict affected persons in east Ukraine. This document explains how we select beneficiaries as well as the protection impacts of this activity.
- Depending on available funding and needs, UNHCR provides winterization assistance in eastern Ukraine on both sides of the ‘contact line’. This document shares the achievements of UNHCR’s recent winterization programme in east Ukraine.
- During 2017, UNHCR implemented 24 GIZ-funded Quick Impact Projects (QIPs) in the government-controlled areas of eastern Ukraine. The projects were funded under the auspices of GIZ’s initiative strengthening social infrastructure for the absorption of internally displaced persons.
- UNHCR Ukraine supported 86 communities to establish sustainable Community Centres in an effort to promote protection and durable solutions for internally displaced persons from 2015 to 2017. This report contains a review of these Community Centres and compiles good practices, lessons learned and recommendations for UNHCR’s future engagement in sustainable Community Centre programmes in Ukraine.
Online Maps and Dashboards:
UNHCR and NGO The Right to Protection (R2P)’s ‘Crossing the Line of Contact’ Monitoring Reports:
If you are interested to see monitoring reports for the previous periods, please find them, by selecting the month or the period: October 2019, August 2019, July 2019, January-June 2019, May 2019, April 2019, January-March 2019, February 2019, January 2019, February-December 2018, January-June 2018, November 2018, October 2018, September 2018, August 2018, July 2018.
Humanitarian-Development Nexus Activities:
Protection Cluster Documents:
- The Protection Cluster Fact Sheet is a two page document that contains general information on recent protection information collected by Protection Cluster Partners in Ukraine. Please note that you can search for Protection Cluster Fact Sheets from previous months on the Humanitarian Response Portal for the Protection Cluster in Ukraine.
- Please find attached the report of the Global Protection Cluster Thematic Roundtable on Internal Displacement in Peace Agreements and Peace Processes, that took place in Kyiv, Ukraine in 2018.
Assessments, surveys and analysis:
Free legal aid to refugees and persons in need of subsidiary or temporary protection (also available in Arabic, Farsi and Russian)